Wednesday, March 26, 2003

Well, talk about being a slacker. I have a good excuse for not updating this in so long. I had to rebuild my PC over the last 3 days in between doing project work and other things at home.

Let see where to start. Friday, I was off from work. Angela and I left for Baxter State Park in Maine for our annual winter camping trip with Mike and Lynne. We crossed the border in about 10 mins time. We thought with the war it would take even longer. We killed a few hours in Lincoln, Maine and arrived in Millinocket around 5:30PM EST. We called Mike and Lynne around 6:30PM to tell them we found this little bar, The Blue Ox Saloon, that we were at. They met us there shortly after 7:30 PM. We sat there had some drinks and continued on to Abol Bridge for the night. We car camped in a parking lot by the bridge.

We woke up early on Saturday and got ready to hike/snowshoe. We left the parking area just after 9AM. We snowshoed 3.5 miles south on the Appalachian Trail to the Hurd Brook Lean-to. It took us 4 hours to get there. Once there, we got the sleeping and cooking areas set up. We drank until 5 PM. I think we were all asleep by 8PM.

On Sunday, we woke up and got ready to hike out by 10 AM. It only took us 2 hours to hike out. We left the parking area around 1 PM and was sitting in a diner in Millinocket by 2 PM. We ate a big lunch and proceeded our different ways. We got home around 7 PM AST and cleaned our gear up. I had a nice hot relaxing bath and was in bed by 9PM.

Monday got to work to find my PC DOA. The hard drive had crashed. Luckily I had backed most of my information up to the other hard drive so I did not lose to much info.

Tuesday, I was in Florenceville and Woodstock for a project with Human Resources Canada (HRDC).

Today, I was in Perth Andover over 2 hours way for the HRDC project.

No comments: