Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Wedding, Diving, and the 4th.

Man it has been another busy couple of weeks. This latest round was very interesting.

The weekend of June 29th. I drove to Watkins Glen, NY to DJ a wedding for some close friends of mine. It was one long ass ride. 10.5 hours from my house to the hotel. I realized that I will not do something like that again with proper compensation for my time and travel. The wedding was awesome and everyone had a blast. It was good to catch up with Pete and Jessica since it was almost a year since they left Bar Harbor. The reception was at the Wagner Estate Winery... Finger Lake Region of NY (Wine Country). My travel down was on Thursday the 28th, the wedding was the 29th and then I drove home on the 30th. My friends have a theory about traveling.

"If the drive time exceeds the amount of time stayed at one location, then the trip wasn't worth it."

I agree with my friends on that one, but seeing it was a special occasion I could overlook it.

On that Sunday, July 1st. I went scuba diving with the seals on Little Duck Island. While I actually saw no seals, it was great being underwater.

Monday the 2nd. I started my new after work routing... running on the treadmill. I am trying to get into better shape and control my breathing better for scuba diving. So far so good. I am on week 2 and will be increasing my speed tonight.

On the 4th of July... I got up at 8AM and headed for the starting spot for the annual parade. I marched the 2 mile loop with my friends from Friends of Acadia. It was the start to a long day. After the parade, Emily and I walked around town, had some lunch, met some friends, and then watched the fireworks. We got home just after 11PM that night. All in all a great night.

The rest of the week was fun. Friday night we went to see Robin Williams new movie "License to Wed". It was a good movie with funny parts. On Saturday we headed back in to Bar Harbor. Our friend, Eric Green, was performing at the Thirsty Whale. We watched him and then went home to bed. Sunday was 8 weeks in a row with scuba diving.

Any how... I'll post some pics from all of the events soon.

No comments: