Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wedding in PA

So, this past weekend I was in PA for my step-brother's wedding. I left last Thursday morning, drove to Manchester, NH and then flew Southwest into Philadelphia. The day started great, said goodbye to Emily at 6AM and was on the road. 3.5 hours later I was at the airport... right on schedule. My flight was supposed to leave at 12PM; however, due to weather in Philly and a mechanical issue it was 2PM when we left. Bill picked me up around 3:30PM in Philly. From there we went to pick up our tuxedos and run some other errands. The rehearsal started at 6PM and lasted an hour. From there we went over to Sligo's... an Irish Pub. It was fantastic. As a best man gift, Bill got me a new digital camera. I was floored!!!!!! So, here are some pictures from the pub.

















Friday morning… it was still raining. Golf at 7:30AM never happened because of it. So, we went to Denny’s for breakfast and then back to the hotel to have naps. I ended up sleeping until 11:30AM and it felt good. The afternoon was spent running around finishing up errands and car shuffles. The limo was 30 minutes late in picking us up and the wedding ended up starting an hour late. It was dark in the gazebo, but it was still a nice ceremony. The reception started promptly after and we partied until 1 Am. Below are some of the wedding pictures.









Saturday found me returning the tuxedos in the morning and then driving back to Reading. I spent the afternoon hanging out with my dad and brother. Went to bed early that night because I was beat.

Sunday was up around 9 AM and on the way to the airport just after 10 AM. The flight from Philly was on time and I landed in Manchester at 2:30 PM. Made the final drive and got home around 6:15 PM. Relaxed for a bit and then went to bed.

So, that sums up the past weekend… The weekend before, Emily and I were canoeing on the Saco River in Southern Maine. The camera I had sucked and the photo quality is wicked bad. So, no pictures from that trip.

This coming weekend is the Common Ground Fair. Time to see if I can defend my 4th place finish in the horse shoe toss.

No comments: